June 23, 2012

Horn Please....

Just before she left Delhi, the lovely Naomi was inspired by the back of Indian trucks and had a canvas painted, 
and you know how much I love Indian trucks!...
So I decided to copy her idea.  

Just recently my brother and I saw these beautiful peacocks painted on a doorway in Haus Khas.  


And then it hit me...

This could be the centre piece of my own Horn Please canvas!

We couldn't find Naomi's painter, so while I was busy with packers, Ranjeet found a truck painter nearby his house, I gave him a mock up and crossed my fingers that, having complete free reign over the painting, Ranjeet wouldn't let me down.  Honestly I don't know why I questioned it, he's the best driver I've ever had, he's become so resourceful and loves the responsibility of doing this kind of stuff!

So here it is, still drying before being packed......


Thanx ONCE AGAIN for the inspiration Naomi! Mwahhhhhhh!!!!!!
I wonder if the truck painters have "stolen" our images and they end up on the back of a real truck!

No comments:

Post a Comment