May 27, 2012

Dean's surprise 48th birthday present.....

About a month ago, my very good friend Lynden and I traipsed out to Old Delhi 
in search of one of the few remaining Bollywood movie poster painters, Vijay Kumar to commission a painting (Bollywood style of course) of our family as a memento of
our last three years in Delhi.

As Om Shanti Om is our favourite Bollywood movie ,
it only seemed fitting that we model the painting on that movie's poster!

Priyanka Chopra & Shak Rukh Khan as the lead characters 

but I needed to add our gorgeous girls into the frame, so found this picture online:


We met outside the old Gopal movie hall in Old Delhi and he led us to a favourite "restaurant" of his so we could chat about what we were looking for.  
his album
I had prepared some mockups in advance.....


A few pepsi's later, and with the help of my ever trusty driver, Ranjeet translating, Lynden and I had him pretty much clear on what I wanted 
.... a merge of these two pictures!

A few drafts later (not going to show you the one with me with a shrunken head) 



  he absolutely got our girls right!

nahhhh looks a bit like Gronk! 
that's a bit better, even with the ruby red lips and perfect teeth!
and whellah ....... our very own Bollywood style poster!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEANO!!!!!!
thanx for bringing us to India!
We love you xxxxxx


(I'll post another photo once we've had it framed - which it was supposed to be only I got ripped off!)

No comments:

Post a Comment