June 15, 2012

Road to Ranthambhore......

Got some stuff to post, it's gonna be out of order so forgive me in advance.


Road to Ranthambhore.....


Unlike my husband, I'm not one for a road trip …… I'm not spoilt, I'd just rather not sit in a car or a train, or a bus for 6 or 12 or more hours.  I don't find it half the fun in the getting there.  I hate that stupid need to eat junk every 20 minutes cause there's nothing else to do while the countryside zooms by.  I get impatient with car games.  I don't like roadhouse food.  I'm sure the threat of DVT is just as high in long car journeys.  I hate that I never remember to pack a thermos of decent coffee!  I'm impatient and I wanna get to where I'm getting to quick smart so I can get on with what I wanna do.  

But not in India!

I love road trips here.  There's just so much activity on the roads that I don't dare blink let alone sleep in the car for the fear of missing some really crazy shit!

My camera is permanently in my hands, my head swiveling so fast, car window up and down.  Sooooo many cool photos I've taken from the car.  Ranjeet is used to me asking him hurriedly to stop so I can dash out of the car to get a pic.  He reads me now and as soon as I've got the camera up for a shot, he immediately slows down the car or gets closer or keeps up with the vehicle I'm trying to shoot.

But OHHHH! the missed photo opportunities, the photos I didn't get .. they haunt me for days! The man perched precariously on top of an easily 25foot high overstuffed load, dressed in a loin cloth, holding out his mobile to get a signal is the most recent image I just WISH I'd been able to capture.

OK, enough babbling, these are the images I caught on our most recent road trip .... Delhi to Ranthambhore:

dust storm, from Rajasthan no doubt!


at the toll, notice the sweets in the bag?
that's for us later!
COW!!!!! in truck!



















SERIOUSLY????????????????


and this is why roads in India don't last .. .there's no proper foundation or preparation .. just dump some bitumen down and roll over it a few times!
drunk, stoned or sleeping driver no doubt 






told ya ... sweets in lieu of change 
from the toll dude! 
full of hay
















I have no words!


the rain hit on the way home, temperature dropped from


40degrees


to 26 in next to no time!

lil hint, if whatever you're transporting is dangerous enough to put a skull n cross bone on it, then it's probably a good idea to derust your vehicle OR time to get a new one!
too hot to shut the back door, that dude won't fall out at 60km/hr .. surely not?














after the rain, the sky was magnificent! 


Pretty good balancing act at 60kms/hr! 
Jammed on the NH8!





1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    We are currently starting a web portal on Delhi and are looking out for enthusiastic content writers to write about Delhi - such as yourselves...
    Please do email me at priyanka@acropoletravels.com for further details as we would love to have you on board.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete